A.) A student seeking admission to any class in NIMT School ‘ will be eligible for admission to that Class only if he :
- has been studying in a School recognised by or affiliated to this Board or any other recognised Board of Secondary Education in India;
- has passed qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination making him eligible for admission to that Class;
- satisfies the requirements of age limits (minimum and maximum) as determined by the State/U. T. Government and applicable to the place where the School is located;
- The School Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate signed by the Head of the Institution last attended and countersigned, if required as provided elsewhere, in these Byelaws;
- Document(s) in support of his having passed the qualifying or equivalent qualifying examination; and
- A person who has been studying in an institution, which is not recognised by this Board or by any other recognised Board of Secondary Education or by the State/ U.T. Government of the concerned place, shall not be admitted to any class of a “School” on the basis of Certificate(s) of such unrecognised institution attended by him earlier.
- ‘Qualifying Examination’ for the purposes of this Byelaws means an examination the passing of which makes a student eligible for admission to a particular class; and ‘equivalent examination’ means an examination conducted by any recognised Board
of Secondary Education/Indian University or an institution recognised by or affiliated to such Board/University and is recognised by this Board equivalent to the corresponding examination conducted by this Board or conducted by a “school” affiliated to/recognised by this Board.
B.) No student migrating from a School in a foreign country, other than the School affiliated to this Board, shall be eligible for admission unless an eligibility certificate in respect of such a student has been obtained from this Board. For obtaining eligibility certificate from the Board, the Principal of the School to which admission is being sought will submit to the Board full details of the case and relevant documents with his own remarks/recommendations. The eligibility certificate will be issued by the Board only after the Board is satisfied that the course of study undergone and examination passed is equivalent to the corresponding class of this Board.
C.) No person who is under the sentence of rustication or is expelled from any Board/University/ School or is debarred from appearing in the examination for whatever reason by any Board/ University shall be admitted to any class in a School affiliated to this Board.
D.) No student shall be admitted or promoted to any subsequent higher class in any school unless he has completed the regular course of study of the class to which he was admitted at the beginning of the academic session and has passed the examination, at the end of the concerned academic session, qualifying him for promotion to the next higher class.
A.) Admissions upto Class VIII (i.e. Class VIII and below) shall be regulated by the rules, regulations, orders of the State/U.T. Governments applicable to the place where the School is located.
B.) Admission to Class IX in a school shall be open only to such a student who has passed class VIII examination from an institution affiliated to this Board or to any recognised Board or is recognised by the Education Department of the Government of the State/U. T. in which such an institution is located.
C.) Admission to Class X : – As the syllabus prescribed at Secondary level is of two years integrated course, no admission shall be taken in Class X directly. Provided further that admission to Class X in a school shall be open only to such a student who:
- has completed a regular course of study for class IX, and
- has passed class IX examination from an institution affiliated to this Board.
- A student who has completed a regular course of study for Class IX and has passed Class IX examination from an institution recognised by/affiliated to any recognised Board in India, other than this Board, can be admitted to a school only on the transfer of the parent(s) or shifting of their families from one place to another, after procuring from the students the mark sheet and the Transfer Certificate duly countersigned by the Educational Authorities of the Board concerned. In case of such admissions the schools would obtain post facto approval of the Board within one month of admission of the student.