Promotion and Examination
Continous & Comprehensive Evaulation
[dropcap style=”style1″]T[/dropcap]he Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has implemented the scheme of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) for all students till class X. The scheme envisages that every learner is to be evaluated for what he/she does throughout the year, according to his or her own abilities and intelligence, rather than in a one-shot three hour external examination at the end of the academic session.
CCE primarily aims at bringing a paradigm shift from examination centered learning to holistic education. It not only intends to make assessment an integral part of the teaching- learning process, but also improves class-room deliberations resulting in meaningful and productive learning.
It is our belief that evaluation should act as a positive input for improving the teaching learning process and not as a deterrent. The report card of evaluation should reflect not only the scholastic aspects of the learner, but also life skills acquisition, personality attributes, behaviour, interests, attitudes, values and proficiency in indoor as well as outdoor co-curricular activities. It should facilitate in unraveling talent and reflect the true picture of the growth and profile of a young learner.
Scheme of Examination and Promotion
For Classes VI to X
- The academic sessions shall be divided into 2 terms.
- Each term will have 2 Formative Assessments (FA) and 1 Summative Assessment(SA).
- The total weightage assigned to Four Formative Assessment is 40%
- The total weightage assigned to Two Summative Assessment (SA1 & SA2) is 60%
- The Annual Grades are awarded on a Nine Point Scale (Absolute) as given below:
[dropcap style=”style2″]H[/dropcap]aving shifted to grades, we do not disclose the rank on the report card. Results are prepared stream-wise, according to the combination of subjects that the student has opted for within the streams offered.
[dropcap style=”style2″]T[/dropcap]he qualifying marks in each subject are 33% for all classes.
- For VIII to X: A candidate getting less than the stipulated 33% in one or two subjects shall be placed in compartment. If there are three or more subjects with less than 33% marks, the candidate will be denied promotion.
- For VI and VII: There is no detention.